What’s there not to love about a mug-cake? You throw some ingredients in to a mug, put it in the microwave and a couple minutes later you enjoy your dessert!
So how does a protein-packed, flourless mug-cake with a hint of peanut butter sound?
For such a small snack this recipe is a fantastic serve of protein, tastes guilty but is completely guilt-free.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 minute, 30 seconds
Number of serves: 1
1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter (I used Sanitarium)
1 sachet Natvia natural sweetener (or 1 teaspoon sugar)
1 egg white
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or a drop of vanilla essence)
1/4 cup of chocolate protein powder (or Sustagen Dutch Chocolate)
Pinch of salt
1. Place peanut butter in to a mug and heat in the microwave for 10 seconds.
2. Put sugar and egg white in to the mug and stir until all mixed together.
3. Add water, vanilla bean paste and olive oil. Mix well.
4. Add protein powder and pinch of salt. Mix all ingredients.
5. Place in microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Every 30 seconds stop the microwave for 5-10 seconds (so the mug-cake doesn’t overflow).
Serve with a scoop of yoghurt.
Go one better:
Make it a jar-cake and top it with some low-fat pouring custard. Take it with you on-the-go or decorate it with fruit for a dinner party!