This week is Nutrition Australia’s National Nutrition Week with the theme for 2013 being “Project Dinnertime – Cook, Eat, Enjoy”.
From October 13th – 19th it is all about encouraging the preparation of home-cooked meals and what better way to do this than to spend my week preparing a nutritious home-cooked meal every day.
Each day this week I’ll prepare a home-cooked nutritious meal and I encourage you to do the same…
Be sure to check out my blog throughout the week as I’ll be posting some of my home-cooked creations!
Tamari salmon salad.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1 (Sorry guys I currently live alone so typically only cook enough for myself. If you are making the recipe for you and another, or your family, just double/quadruple the ingredients)
Handful of cherry tomatoes
1/2 a cucumber
1/3 a carrot
1 cup spring mix (lettuce)
1 cup spinach
1 tablespoon pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
2 teaspoons olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
1 salmon fillet
1 tablespoon tamari sauce (soy sauce with a little honey works well too)
Sprinkle of all-purpose seasoning
2 tablespoons canola oil, for cooking
1. Chop up cucumber and carrot in to a large mixing bowl.
2. Place spinach, spring mix, cherry tomatoes and pepitas in to the bowl too.
3. Add olive oil and juice of half a lemon then stir the whole salad.
4. To prepare the salmon, place salmon fillet in a bowl and marinate with tamari sauce and all-purpose seasoning. Ensure the salmon is coated in the marinade all over.
4. Heat tablespoon of canola oil in a fry pan (heat on high).
5. Once oil is hot, place marinated salmon fillet in pan. Cook for 4 minutes on one side then flip and cook on other side for another 4 minutes.
6. Break/cut up the fillet and place on top of the salad or place the whole fillet on top!