Last night I attended Chobani Master Class – a cooking night filled with food, wine, good company and amazing yoghurt. I was very fortunate to be hand-picked to attend this event … apparently only the most passionate Chobaniacs were picked.
The night started out with some lovely finger foods that incorporated yoghurt into it. These spring rolls with a yummy plain yoghurt and lemongrass dipping sauce were a hit…
There was lots of socialising and chatting with some other social media savvy friends. Most discussions were about breakfast spots around Melbourne, with real-life conversation topics such as HECS debts being very short-lived.
We all had a fun night watching chef Lee Atkinson cook the entree and main.. and then we tried to cook them afterwards.
The night ended with the most amazing warm chocolate fondant with berries and yoghurt ice cream… and well… I can’t even post a photo as the only one I took turned out to be blurry. I guess I was in a hurry to eat it!
I learnt many things about Chobani products and yoghurt in general last night. But the main thing I learnt was that the yoghurt, especially the plain flavour, is extremely versatile.
Why not try using yoghurt in the following for a healthy alternative:
- Plain yoghurt in place of sour cream on your spuds.
- Plain yoghurt instead of mayo in salad dressings or on top of sandwiches or tacos.
- Flavoured yoghurt instead of ice cream for dessert.
- Plain yoghurt with veggie sticks as a savoury snack.
- Flavoured or plain yoghurt in a smoothie.
- Plain yoghurt on a hot toasted bagel in place of cream cheese (I speak from experience, this one is a winner!)
Thank you very much to the team at Chobani for putting on such a fun night. I hope to take part in another yummy and entertaining night like this one again in the future.