What a busy week it’s been catching up on all of the work and tasks I was unable to do last week.
It’s also been a busy week food-wise as I have finally been able to eat all of the yummy, nourishing, and in a few cases naughty, foods that I was eyeing while unwell.
This morning I did some meal plan formulation work. My brain was filled with calculations of kilojoules (and calories), macro-nutrient percentage breakdowns and comparing Nutrient Reference Values to my formulated daily meal plans. It ended up being a stressful morning with too many figures running through my mind!
So when my tummy was growling at me because when I woke I got stuck straight into my work and forgot to have breakfast (how crazy of me), I knew it was time to make something good.
And good it was!
Warm and fluffy oats with hints of chocolate and banana… and a crunchy nutty topping.
Baked Choc Banana Oats
Serves: 1 (just double the ingredients to make 2, etc)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (if you are short of time, use quick oats!)
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 1 cup rice milk (any milk or milk alternative is fine)
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed walnuts
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- Place oven on 200C.
- Spray small oven-proof dish with canola or olive oil.
- Place mashed banana, oats, cacao powder, baking powder, milk into dish and mix together.
- Top with walnuts and a sprinkle of coconut sugar – OR top with anything you like! My next conquest is sunflower seeds and maple syrup!
- Place in oven. Allow to bake for 20-30 minutes (15 minutes if using quick oats).
- Once oats have risen and browned on top, enjoy warm!
Happy Friday everyone!