Well I survived Christmas for 2014. And by survived I mean I put myself into a sugar coma and increased the amount of central adiposity around my midsection as a direct cause of over-eating. But it was all worth it!
Christmas Eve was spent with friends and included a FaceTime chat with someone spending Christmas across the globe. Christmas Day included way too much food, amazing pavlova, a “pianist” on an auto-playing piano and foosball competitions with the family.
I received amazing gifts from loved ones that I am so grateful for:
– new purple gel-nimbus 16 Asics
– a 5.6L Casa Domani frutti drink dispenser
– a glass tea cup and pot from T2
– a mega large tub of Nutella
– a set of scales that sync to my fitbit (much needed after the Nutella)
– a Tea-cyclopedia
– vouchers to favourite stores of mine
– a gorgeous magenta travel towel that doubles as a sarong for the beach
– a toy llama (yep!)
– and to top it off on Christmas evening, I got a surprise gift from my favourite cousin and fake Kris Kringle – a very epic way of asking me to be her bridesmaid!
But I would have to say the best gift award goes to my other half who gave me a trip to New Zealand!
I’m currently sipping on a cup of Twinings New Zealand Breakfast tea while sitting out in the sun surrounded by white roses, pink petunias and other gorgeous colorful flowers in our accommodation in Queenstown.
What am I getting up to this trip you ask?
Well considering I’m spending nearly two weeks with someone who loves to hike, mountain bike, and try as many weird extreme sports as possible, I’m sure you can get an idea of what I’ll be up to.
But as for right now, I’m off to get a gondola to the top of the mountain and then a luge ride down!
I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and wishing you all health and happiness for 2015!